From: Tony Martignetti–Nonprofit Radio Free Digital Photo
Thanks to today’s guest 10/28/2016, Eugene Fram, professor emeritus at @Rochester Institute of Technology, and author of “Going For Impact: The Nonprofit Director’s Essential Guidebook.” Let’s takeaway!
- strive for excellence; your board & CEO should avoid mediocrity
- avoid excess deference to CEO, board chair & major donor board members
- be explicit about board members’ responsibilities & expectations, don’t turn it into into legalese
- bad news must rise to management & the board
- have a vibrant recruiting process, don’t dumb it down
- your board’s most important job is hiring and overviewing the CEO and developing robust assessment processes
- develop high levels of trust between Board-Management-Staff
- understand the big differences between outcome and impact.
- so much more, listen!